cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon g3200 error 5b00

quirkyprincess
Apprentice

I moved my printer which is a Canon G3200 Megatank printer and now it is giving me error message 5b00 and I tried looking online for help and just get info saying it needs to get fixed by Canon but umm the Canon here is closed due to being non essential and no idea how long it will be closed for but I need a printer so I am hoping to get some idea of what I can do as it can't get taken in to get fixed right now.

13 REPLIES 13

I removed the back and tried carefully removing the three ink pads.  The bottom two pads were soaked and the last, so soaked, that it tore apart when I tried to remove it.  One must really be careful if removing them. For me, it was a Hail Mary; I was already set on buying another printer.  Too bad Canon does not make it easy to self repair.

aidanwalsh
Apprentice

I had the same problem. The reset option above didn't work for me either, but the steps in this video did. [Link Removed]

Canon -- PLEASE restore the link. 

aidanwalsh: please repost, and I'll try to grab the link before Canon deletes it again. 

ArtShop
Contributor

Win10, USB. Now PLEASE walk us through the precise steps to put it into service mode and then to clear the end-of-life/pads-full error message. 

Announcements