cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon g3000

Candon21
Apprentice

HI i had to reboot my wifi on my canon g3000 printer and now it wont automatically turn on and start printing like it first did.

I have to press the power button and then it is ok  any help?  thanks

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'm not 100% clear on what "reboot my wifi on the Canon G3000 printer' means?

You restarted your wi-fi access point?

You restarted the printer?

You reconnected the printer to Wi-Fi?, etc.

But it sounds like you are saying you have to "wake' the printer up manually before it starts to print after a job is sent?

It works, but then requires wake up agaiin after some period of inactivity.

For reference here is a copy of the printer's manual (online)

Canon : PIXMA Manuals - G3000 series -

Printing the devices Network information might help you determine why the printer is not waking to print normally:

Canon : PIXMA Manuals : G3000 series : Printing Network Settings

Use this information to assign the printer a static IP on your network.  This can be completed with the IJ networking tool.  Once complete, you may need to uninstall the printer instance and reinstall it to your machine as an IP printer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Candon21,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. When you print the network settings, what is the signal strength in section 3-2-1, the SSID in section 3-2-6 and the ip address in 3-2-12?
  3. Do you get an error on your computer when the printer does not wake up? If so, what error do you get?
  4. What settings did you "reboot" for the wifi?

For a more immediate resolution, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements