cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS6351 Printer: Set up helper tool will not install on My MacbookPro

Gonzalez49
Contributor

I am currently trying to install the set up helper tool for my TS6531 printer on my Macbook Pro. Following the instructions I get to a pop-up screen headed "Setup" which requires me to enter my password so that Setup can install the helper tool. But at that point the Setup icon shows "Application not responding" and I have the coloured disc turning.

I have tried all possible alternative procedures, using wi-fi and direct cable connection of the printer to the Macbook, but in Systems Preferences the Printers and Scanners does not identify the printer.

I should add that we have a second TS6531 which my wife uses and I successfully managed to connect to that one many months ago.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

"Canon TS6531 Printer: Set up helper tool"

I don't see a listing for a Canon printer model TS6531?

Might it be the TS6351?

I've also not seen a "Set up helper tool"

Can you please provide a link to this software.

Thanks

shadowsports_0-1668870938565.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Indeed, my apologies, it is the TS6351

The helper tool is for all TS6300 printers, mac-ts6300-1_0-mcd(3).dmg When I googled Canon Printers this was the software I was directed to.

Announcements