cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS5320 will not print, printer screen shows= "processing... please wait momentarily"

AndyAltaner
Apprentice

It's connected with a usb cable. I have two laptops that are nearby, neither will print. 

The "processing... please wait momentarily" message shows up as soon as I try to print anything from either printer. 

I can copy and scan. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AndyAltaner
Apprentice

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply. I'm on Windows 10 (both laptops). I installed the drivers again and still the same results. I'm guessing that it's the cable. I don't have a spare one to test.

I'd like to use the wifi connection, but I could never get them to work. The printer is maybe five feet away from the router. I can move them right next to each other on the floor if necessary. When I try the quick Wifi setup on the printer, just now, I get the message, "Follow the instructions on your computer or smartphone." Then I don't know what to do.

Can you give me a link as to how to connect the printer through Wifi? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

TS5320 connected via USB.  

Drivers for the printer are available here: 

Canon Support for PIXMA TS5320 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

You didn't say what OS build and version your laptops were (PC or MAC)?

Have you tested with a different USB cable, and if newer MACs are being used, are you using some sort of adapter to connect to USB-C? (may or may not apply)

Since you have multiple devices, is there a reason why you are not using the printer's network connectivity options?  This would allow all devices on a network to see and utilize the printer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

AndyAltaner
Apprentice

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply. I'm on Windows 10 (both laptops). I installed the drivers again and still the same results. I'm guessing that it's the cable. I don't have a spare one to test.

I'd like to use the wifi connection, but I could never get them to work. The printer is maybe five feet away from the router. I can move them right next to each other on the floor if necessary. When I try the quick Wifi setup on the printer, just now, I get the message, "Follow the instructions on your computer or smartphone." Then I don't know what to do.

Can you give me a link as to how to connect the printer through Wifi? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andy

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements