cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS5151 printer- can't add exclamation mark to password because it doesn't exist on the screen!

davidovitch
Apprentice

My co-working space has recently changed the wifi password, and to our horror, this means we can't get our communal printer, the Canon TS5151, to connect, because the new password has an exclamation mark. When you try and change the password, the mini screen only offers letters and numbers - on the screen where the numbers are, there are loads of empty boxes where presumably all the punctuation options on a keyboard would normally appear, but there's nothing there!

Anyone any ideas on how to fix this? Is this a fault with this printer or a general problem with this model? Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Special characters are supported. 

Canon : PIXMA Manuals : TS5100 series : Setup Guide

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi, I'm afraid my screen is not like that at all. On the numbers screen, there is NOTHING except the numbers. There are no characters! Hence the problem. Is this a fault with the printer?

Announcements