cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS5100 series(TS5151) -How to avoid Color Ink for normal black and white simple document print

contactsple
Apprentice

Hello, 

I have Canon TS5100 Series Color printer, but 99% I print only the black and white printing. Eventhough I am not using the color ink, it is always running out whenever I give normal black and white print. I always select 'Grey Scale' printing and even I have done the Printer property setting as shown here( These settings are not always saving, If I press OK and come out and open again the selection are going off). But it still takes color ink. How do I avoid color ink and print only black and white print with black ink only? Please help.

printsettings.png

2 REPLIES 2

Porcha
Rising Star

Hi,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, go to: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

McRex
Apprentice

Someone said for a Pixma to hold down the stop button for 10 seconds. On mine, a TS5100, its an orange triangle in an orange circle. That worked, and the print quality is perfectly fine for black and white photos of receipts. I assume it would be even better for text on a blank background.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements