cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TS3322 cant print large photos?

TeddyDb33
Apprentice

I have a Canon TS3322. I want to print stickers. In order to do so it has to be on Glossy paper. When i try to print using normal settings on glossy paper, the ink just rubs off and smudges. So you have to pick the Glossy Paper setting. BUT the printer only lets you use that setting with 4x6 and 5x5 paper. Is there anyway to print large stickers with this printer on regular 8.5 x 11 inch paper? If not, is there a printer that can do that? Otherwise im only able to make very small stickers. 

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printiner supports the following paper sizes and types:

Paper Sizes
4 x 6, 5 x 5 (Square), 5 x 7, Letter (8.5 x 11), Legal (8.5 x 14)

Paper Compatibility
Plain: Plain Paper;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Other: Magnetic Photo Paper, Restickable Photo Paper

Based on its specs, it only appears to support borderless photo printing up to 5x7in. So any printer that supports 8x10 borderless printing should allow you to print on glossy photo paper.  Any media you use must be inkjet compatible in order to keep the ink from smearing.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Pixma TS3320. It will print 8.5x11", color, glossy photo paper; but not all 3 at the same time. Try it and you get an error message that the wrong paper size has been selected. To print on 8.5x11" glossy paper I have to de-select "Photo" and choose ""Standard." 

So disappointing. Why can't this be selected? The only difference is the amount of ink used, and I'm paying for the ink -- not Canon. Can't the driver be updated to allow this printer to print 8.5x11" color glossies? Not borderless! Just 8x10's on that paper.

Thank you.

Dan_in_St_Louis

TeddyDb33
Apprentice
What printer supports 8x10 ?

There are too many to list.  

Hard for someone else to pick a printer for you.  You need to decide what will fit your needs, and budget.

Craft printer, All In One, Photo printer.

Then review the specs to ensure it supports the size and paper types you want to print on.  

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/printers-all-in-ones

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

theob215
Apprentice

Same issue here. You are not alone. I can't believe that no one has found a workaround or orride for this limitation.

19 months old and no solutions. This printer can do each of its specs alone, but not 8x10 color glossies. All this should take is a driver update.

Dan_in_St_Louis

i got it to print! it was weird though i dont really know how. ill tell you what i did leading up to it printing tho. first i put the glossy photo paper in. then i set the paper setting by clicking the paper icon on the printer until it said "L" and then i clicked ok. then i opened the photo i wanted. then i set the settings to : portrait, letter size paper (8.5x11), portrait, fit to page, regular paper, print. then i opened my printer que and it started printing! but if i select glossy paper it will not print. i gotta say tho even though i was forced into selecting regular paper and not selecting the 8x10 frame size, the pic still came out great! 

I tried this on my Canon Pixma TS3322 and it worked except for it left white pin stripes on my picture. Did you have this problem & do you know why it did that ?? 

Thank you BTW because your suggestion was really helpful it's just the stripes that are a problem now. 

Announcements