cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Selphy CP1300 Print Quality

luvskrapin
Apprentice

I just purchaed the Selphy CP1300! I printed some pictures off my laptop & they are more blury & darker than the photo on my laptop. Also when I try to print the picture as a 4x6 it says the picture isn't big enough. Can someone please help me? I don't want to return it! I was so excited to get it! 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Let me try to help and explain whats happening here.

Things to be aware of.

Monitor calibration.  What you see isn't always what you get.  Your monitor might not be calibrated and therefore unable to display the actual colors of your photos,.  This can result in photos which are too dark, too light or have inaccurate color rendition.   

Image resolution.  If you take a low resolution image and try to print it at high resolution, it will become blurry, since the DPI (dots per inch) is too low for the size image you selected.  Lets take the thumbnail image of your profile as an example.

Low resolution

icon.png

Now lets tell your printer to print the same file at 4x6 resolution.

icon2.png

See how blurry it becomes. 

There is probably nothing wrong with your printer.  What might help:

Calibrate your monitor for true color rendition

Use a photo editing application to correct the colors, brightness, etc.

Ensure the size of your files are large enough to print clearly at the size you want. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements