cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Selphy CP1200 blank pictures

ymalachi
Apprentice

Hi,

Suddenly my Canon Selphy CP1200 is printing blank pictures, I send the pictures from my phone via the app and the picture is coming out blank

I know I have enough ribbon, what can be done ?

I can say  - I didn't use the printer for long time, maybe this is the problem ? and what can be done ?

thank you

4 REPLIES 4

joe_okura
Enthusiast

ok this is bad news. i as well had the 1200 the heat trasfer bar for the thermal ribbon is most likely done.mine melted the ribbon to the printer had to send to canon repair and thay exchanged with fee to a cp1300

hope this helps

a ftb n ti1 70d 5d mk3 lens, 50 1.8mk1 50mm 1.4 16-35 4.0isL 400mm 5.6L
etc. using canon slrs from 1975

Thank you for your answer, I don't think this is my problem, but will check

thats how it started with my 1200 blanks.

a ftb n ti1 70d 5d mk3 lens, 50 1.8mk1 50mm 1.4 16-35 4.0isL 400mm 5.6L
etc. using canon slrs from 1975

Hi ymalachi.

Make sure that the paper is being loaded print-side up, and that the paper tray is configured for the correct paper size.  Check that the paper size in the printer's setting (or the computer from which you're printing) matches the loaded paper.  If the problem persists after these checks, then the printer will require service.

In the case that the CP1200 is within the warranty period (one year from the original date of purchase), I encourage you to send it for service before the warranty expires.  Include a copy of the proof of purchase along with the necessary documentation; our Repair chat agents can help you get the paperwork in order for sending it in.  Repairs covered by warranty are at no cost, though shipping to us is not covered.

If the printer is outside of warranty, service is still recommend, though a fee may be incurred for repairs or replacement.

Repairs can be arranged through the following page:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair/repair?cm_sp=CSO-_-support/...

When sending the printer, we recommend insured and confirmed delivery shipping, in case something happens to the package in-transit.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

Announcements