cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Printer MP530 malfunction

ClaireMcMullen
Apprentice

Greetings, my printer is skipping lines when printing or copying in B&W or in Colour. I have tried Nozzle Clean, also Printer realignment. Nothing works. Please can ypou assist. Thanks. Claire

1 REPLY 1

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi ClaireMcMullen,

To troubleshoot this issue, I would recommend Reseating the Print Head followed by performing two Cleanings and one Deep Cleaning. After the Deep Cleaning is performed print the Nozzle Check Pattern.

Click HERE for information and illustrations on Reseating the Print Head.

Click HERE for information on performing the Cleaning & Deep Cleaning process.

Click HERE for information on printing the Nozzle Check Pattern.

With a normal Nozzle Check Pattern, print a test page.

If the event persists, the unit will require service. You can check with any local electronic repair shops in your area to see if they can perform the cleaning. I would get a quote since it may cost more to repair the printer then to have it replaced.

You also qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST.

Announcements