cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX922 Printer Malfunction - Error Code 30

DiamondDee10
Apprentice

Hello,

I could need help with my printer.  It won't print from my computer.  I get an error code 30.  Please help me to fix the problem.  

Thank you very much,

Dee

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, Dee!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have an HP Pavilion All-In-One Desktop.

I just got it about a Month ago.  

I fixed mine!  Don't know if this will work for you or not.

When I told it to print I hadn't looked at what printer it was trying to access in the upper part of the drop down menu for printer options that pops up after I select "print".  Mine only had FAX on the MX922 listed and other printers w/o drivers that I didn't install.  

I went to the bluetooth/devices in settings.  Then printers/scanners and removed every printer it was showing.  Then I selected "add device" and had it find the MX922/MX920 and installed it.  Then, when I tried to print again that option was available in that print drop down menu.  After selecting that printer it worked just fine.  

I hope this helps/works for others as well. 

Maybe the error code -30 is from some other printer that the system is finding.  

Please see my reply to Dee to see my issue.  How do I fix this???

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

30 is not an error code for the MX922. Please click HERE for a list of supports codes and reply with the code that appears on the printer screen. 

We look forward to your reply. 

mjpainte
Apprentice

I have an MX920.  Worked fine on previous desktop.  Had a new drive installed in the computer and cannot get it to print.  Windows 11.  The test page prints just fine.  Attempting to print something else results in a message "printer not activated, error code -30.  I tried using the original disc for driver installation, and I downloaded from Canon.  Set it as default printer.  Turned printer off/on.  Turned desktop off/on.  

DANNY - How do I fix this

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements