cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma iP8720 simply stopped printing

GaryPCohen
Apprentice

Hi. I have a Canon Pixma iP8720 hooked up to a Mac running the Ventura and the printer had been performing just fine but out of the blue it stopped printing.  All the Canon inks are new, the driver is up-to-date, I cleaned and deep cleaned the heads and it is the only printer on the network. When I go to print, the machine makes all the appropriate sounds, and the paper acts as if it is being printed up, but a blank sheet is what comes out. Help, please!

16 REPLIES 16

I don't see any messages or comments asking for help on a printer from anyone named Jeff on our Facebook page within the last week. Are you sure you went to the right page? Ours is https://www.facebook.com/CanonUSA/ 

Also, you'll find your personalized support options within your My Canon Account at https://canon.us/account 

Message was sent on https://www.facebook.com/canonmexicana/   My mistake I guess, but that was the page that came up when I searched.

Hi,

If you replaced the print head and the same error appears, the printer has most likely experienced and internal hardware issue and would need to be replaced. 

Since the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So I just paid the $19.99 to get so-called "Support" from Canon, only to be told "the 10 blinks means the printer has to be taken for repair"....but then I'm told "but we don't repair our products or can point you to someone who can." The guy was nice enough on the phone, but this is insane. Canon now builds disposable JUNK. Canon always had clunky software, but now they build self-obsoleting hardware...to fill up landfills. I WAS a big fan of Canon, my i9900 lasted 15 or 16 YEARS...in fact it still worked, but the piece in there that grabbed the sheet of paper to pull it in stopped working. I figured it was time to get a new one. But 3 years (of very light use) is all you get now? If my "new" IP8720 had 300 sheets of paper go thru it the last 3 years I'd be surprised. My HP4050N is 23 years old....AND STILL WORKS. Canon used to build "Japanese quality" into their products. I guess thats over. And I'm done with Canon.

Hi JeffNY

You'll find your personalized support options within your My Canon Account at canon.us/account

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I looked in my account for support and it only talks about cameras???? I do not own a camera I own a printer.  How is this helpful to me? There is actually nothing showing where I can get support for my issue and the chat is not helpful.  

Its amazing they get away with this, right? Buy a Canon product and you are on your own. I almost think as my printer just turned 3 years old its programmed to start throwing errors and stop working (by design), so you have to buy a new one. Seriously, I think I am about done with "Canon". Who runs a company like this???

Announcements