cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG6821 printer ink tank holder

RBobJones
Contributor

When replacing an ink tank in my Pixma 6821 the ink tank holder was accidentally pushed to the left and is locked in that position and will not resume its proper location in the center or on the right so the printer will not operate. How do I get it to its normal position?

7 REPLIES 7

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi RBobJones,

I recommend unplugging the power cord to the printer. Once the power cord is unplugged, press the power button on the printer 5 times to discharge any remaining power. Once that is done, gently try to pull the ink carriage back to the middle.

Once the ink carriage is back in the middle position, please plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did the suggested steps and was able to move the tank holder to the middle.  When I plugged in again and started the printer the tank moved to the left again and I received the Error Code 6000.  At least I got the tank holder to move.  Now I need to get it to communicate with the computer and print.  Suggestions?

I'm still looking for suggestions.  The ink tank holder won't move from its position on the left side.  All the parts of the printer seem OK but I can't get it to communicate and function.

Hi, RBobJones!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi RBobJones,

If you are getting a 6000 error message it's usually caused by one of the ink tanks sticking up or a jam inside the printer. My first suggestion would be to remove all the ink tanks from the printer and then turn the MG6821 off.

When the printer is back on check and see if it still has the 6000 error. If not reinsert the ink tanks using the steps provided HERE. If it does still have the error we will check the printer for jams. You can check the printers for jams using the steps provided HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I applied the steps that you suggested and still got the 6000 Error message.  When I removed the ink tanks I noticed that the the Black PGBK tank was leaking and had spread to the next tank Blue C.  I cleaned the tanks and the holder area but still got the 6000 Error.  Could the leak have permanently affected the ink tank holder and its functions?

HI RBobJones,

The print head could have been effected by this. The printer would require service to clear the error at this point. If your printer is still within the 1 year warranty, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for service options.

If the printer is out of Warranty, you have the option to take the printer to any local printer repair facilities in your area. You also qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. We will also include free ground shipping with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Contact Us.

Announcements