cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG3620 Print Head Alignment Not Functioning Correctly

hillaryh
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm trying to do an automatic or a manual print head alignment on my printer and it's not behaving as the help articles say it should. When the sample page I am instructed to print is printed, the columns come out uneven and blurred and all over the place, not straight up and down as they appear in the 1st image below. The 2nd image below is how my page looks when it prints. There don't appear to be any instructions about what to do when the page looks like mine does in the 2nd image. Does anyone have any ideas? The Canon support page said support on this printer is no longer available but I just bought it at Best Buy six months ago so I figured it would still be supported. Thanks for any help. I would appreciate it if any responses could be copied and sent to: [Removed per Guidelines] Thanks!

IMG_20221026_0002.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You can try cleaning the encoder strip inside of your printer. Please click HERE for the steps. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello, Thank you so much for your excellent suggestion. I'm just not skilled enough to undertake a printer repair project of this complexity. I read the instructions linked above but I couldn't figure them out. I also attempted to perform a manual print head alignment to see if that would solve the problem but it was too complex for me as well. I'm sure however that a smarter person could succeed at repairing this malfunctioning print head alignment issue using the repair technique linked above and I'm almost entirely confident that the recommended solution would have fixed the issue. I just couldn't manage it. Thanks again for your help!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements