cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma IP8750 on MAC: how to disable Color Management? No advanced settings available

jaylondon
Apprentice

Canon Pixma IP8750 on MAC Sierra 10.13.6

I recently bought a Canon Pixma IP8750, using on a Mac Pro with OS Sierra 10.13.6

I am printing photos with Photoshop CS 6

Photoshop is set to Manage colors (not the printer),

Before printing, Photoshop asks me:

"remember to disable the printer's color management" from Advance Settings in the Printer Settings window.

However, when I go to the printer settings, either through Photoshop or via my Mac settings, under Printers and Scanning, and follow the instruction, there is no advance printer settings 

So I click the name of my printer, then click 'Options & Supplies.' But there or nowhere else for that matter I see anything about Advanced Color Settings. Hence nothing to disable 'Color Management."

I have the right IJ drivers installed (downloaded from Canon website) 

Is it normal? How do I know the printer is not manging colors, but it is photoshop and hence the ICC profile I choose?

Thanks

Jay

1 REPLY 1

Tiffany

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the commmunity is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements