cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma 880 says it needs paper but it doesn't. Won't print. Any ideas

SnowLizard
Apprentice

I tried reloading the paper in the tray and tried using the other trays. No luck. Any ideas?

x
3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi SnowLizard!

Welcome to the Canon Forums, and thank you for your question! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello Stephen and Canon Forum members,

My computer is a Windows 7 Pavilion g7-1310us Notebook PC, Core 13 w/ Intel. I have a Zoom router but can also use the USB modem directly into my computer.  The printer was literally brand new from the store. I payed the "Geek Squad" to set it all up and it all worked perfectly. I started running the printer and got about five pages ran off (wirelessly) when it stopped working and said it needed paper. I tried reloading it and tried the other locations to load paper/trays and it still said it needed paper.

I tell it that it doesn't need paper, but as you can guess, it's oblivious to my reasoning.

Thank you so much for your response. I hope you can solve this mystery!

x

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi SnowLizard,

On the screen of your printer, it should tell you exactly where to load to the paper (Load paper in the cassette; for example).  Once you determine where the printer is trying to pull paper, check to ensure that the paper is loaded properly.  Try a single sheet at first, then add about 10 sheets and try again.

If it still will not pull or detect the paper, then the printer may need to be serviced.  Please feel free to Contact Us, we will be happy to explain your service options and assist you with this issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements