cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIxma MX532 Multifunction Printer

Serenitymw
Apprentice

Hi, I was looking to see if anyone else has had the same issue as me with the PIxma MX 532 series Printer.  I bought it in September 2014 and noticed by November that the printer was squeaking and printing crooked.  It was not anything that was able to be fixed through troubleshooting and was told when I contacted Canon that the paper feeder was probably defective and they would send me a warranty exchange and in return when I received it I would send the defective one back.  I started using the new one at the end of December 2014 and by Feb 2015 the same issue happened.  When I contacted Canon, I expressed that this is ridiculous.  They basically said that the same thing was very unlikely to happen to two separate printers which was a great response to the problem.  They then send me a second replacement (we're talking 3 printers in a 6 month period.  Its one thing if it was a 50 dollar inkjet printer, we are talking a 200 dollar printer.  I expressed that I was not happy with the outcome and was told that my only option is to continue getting warranty exchanges.  With each new printer is the warranty extended?  And would be happy to hear if any others had this issue and how it was resolved.  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi Serenitymw,

When a printer is sent via warranty exchange, the replacement printer carries the remainder of the warranty from the originally purchased unit.  You can try cleaning the timing encoder film of the printer to see if this will resolve the issue you are experiencing.  To do this, please follow the steps located here.  

Should you still experience the same issue, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements