cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MP495 driver cannot be installed - Windows 11

HumanNature
Apprentice

Hi everyone!

I have a clean install of Windows 11 build 22000.51.  

All programs and drivers installed properly, except for the Cannon PIXMA MP495 driver. I am very upset about this. I would like to use the system as my main system. Please HELP!

Thank you in advance!

9 REPLIES 9

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Windows 11 isn't scheduled for official release until Oct 20th. This is tentative, but likely since PC manufacturers need a few months to ramp up for the holidays.    

You can be an early adopter of an OS if you want, but you shouldn't rely on public betas or insider previews for a production environment. 

Microsoft might make thousands of changes between now and the official release.  Vendors have no control over this.  Be patient.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Windows 11 has already been officially released, but there are still no drivers for the PIXMA MP495. How can it be? Does this mean users should buy a new printer having drivers for Windows 11?

Search your pc for Windows Fax and Scanner.  That works for me.  The elite Shadowsports should have been able to guide you better.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

MP495 - This printer is 12 yrs old.  Some hardware has limitations and cannot be supported under newer OS architechture.  The same way you wouldn't own a computer for 12 yrs and expect microsoft or Apple's latest OS to run on it.  It is not feasible or reasonable to expect support in perpetuity.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

andrewhcmc
Apprentice

Not sure if this helps you or others but...

I did an upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. My MP495 didn't work - the "Canon MP495 Series Printer WS" showed offline even though printer was on. I checked supported printers on Canon website and it said MP495 was working at time of release of windows 11 but no updated drivers will be produced https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1036785/~/printers-with-windows-11-sup...

So I deleted my printer from Printers & Scanners. I then clicked Add Device from Printers & Scanners. It did not detect my printer but I clicked "Add Manually" and selected "Add a printer using and IP address or hostname". This worked - I got back my "Canon MP495 Series Printer WS" printer, this time not offline - and I was able to print with no problems.

caPlease advise where to find the IP address or hostname?  Thank you. I did as you suggested and tried to add the printer manually. On my other laptop for the Canon MP495 Series Printer WS in the General Tab I found location http://192.168.0  etc, etc.  I type this in but it still did not work.    Am I on the right track?  I have an new laptop with Win 11, not an upgraded Win 11!  Thank you

Laura_E
Apprentice

I got it up and running.  On your scanner icon, click properties and then trouble shooting.  Took me a few tries but it works now.  Windows 8 was the only applicable version I tried.  Go through all the troubleshooting options.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

The MP495 is supported under W10.  These drivers should also work with Windows 11.

Upgraded PC's W10 > W11.  Since the operating systems are architecturally different, I would recommend removing and uninstalling the printer.  Restart the PC and reinstall the device.  Using a static or reserved IP for the device is recommended, as it provides the most consistent results.  An IP for the device can be set on your router before it is installed under the new OS.

Adding a printer by IP address or hostname.  Control Panel > Device and Printers > Add a Printer (at top)

shadowsports_0-1668257083293.png

At the next dialog, select the printer I want is not listed. Then Next

Now select Add Printer using an IP Address or Hostname

shadowsports_1-1668257195810.png

Press next and enter the (static) IP address you have reserved for the device.  There is no need to go through any troubleshooting options as the user above suggests.  Windows Fax and Scan will not provide full support for the device.  

Driver for MP495 Windows 10.  This should work for W11 as well.

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwMjkwOTAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

For added functionality, you can also install the EX Software for W11:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDIwMDAwMzk1NDAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

JEWELS1
Apprentice

THANK YOU FOR THIS! THIS WAS VERY HELPFUL AND ALLOWED ME TO INSTALL THE PRINTER, WHICH WAS OTHERWISE NOT WORKING VIA THE BLUETOOTH DISCOVERABLE OPTION. 😀

Announcements