cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon ts5100 printer not printing on glossy vinyl paper

tubofoil
Apprentice

I recently bought some glossy vinyl sticker paper, i set my TS5100 series printer settings to glossy, letter size and high quality printing. Everytime i try to print the paper comes through after a moment with nothing on it, no ink at all, even though my ink cartridges are more than half full. Is there something I'm not doing right with the printer settings?

1 REPLY 1

Cassiebratt
Apprentice

@tubofoil wrote:

I recently bought some glossy vinyl sticker paper, i set my TS5100 series printer settings to glossy, letter size and high quality printing. Everytime i try to print the paper comes through after a moment with nothing on it, no ink at all, even though my ink cartridges are more than half full. Is there something I'm not doing right with the printer settings?

Hello,

While the TS5100 supports glossy photo paper, it might not be compatible with glossy vinyl sticker paper. Canon recommends their own paper for best results, (https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/Mary Kay InTouch/TS5100%20series/EN/UG/ug_i_01_c.html).

I can give you a solutions, you can try: You can check the sticker paper packaging for printer compatibility information. Try switching the print settings to a thicker paper option to see if it helps. Use Canon's glossy photo paper for a guaranteed print.

Announcements