cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA G3260 (Does not print true black from desktop, but does for Nozzle Alignment Page)

T22YN7L
Apprentice

Hi,

Canon PIXMA G3260

Since I opened the printer and started using it, there has always been an issue with printing true dark, black ink. I know that the printer is capable of printing dark black images because Nozzle Alignment test sheet has solid black graphics. However, when I print an image or a document from my computer, the ink is always washed out and grey. I tried to do some tests and trouble shooting below, but clearly I am not doing something right when printing. Thank you for your help in advance!!

-Like the manual suggests, I did the printer head clean. Same issue.

-The software is up to date.

-I changed the print quality to high and not to auto fix images. (That didn’t seem to change anything either way)

-I tried printing different CYMK values in colors (75,68,67,90)=“true black” (73.7,70.6,64.3,87.1)= equivalent of RGB 0,0,0. Both of these samples were washed out.

-I tried printing the same CYMK color samples in black and white; still identically washed out.

-I only ever got it to print ONE pdf document from my computer (that wasn’t a canon diagnostic sheet) with true, dark black graphics. I have no idea how it printed dark black; I do not know what those settings could have been, but I have not been able to get the printer to print dark black since (EXCEPT FOR THE NOZZLE ALIGNMENT SHEET!). Every other document has been dark grey.

I hope there is an obvious solution that was in my face the whole time! I appreciate any help with calibrating the printer somehow. Thanks!!

-TYN

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

What version of Windows or MacOS are you running? 

We look forward to your reply. 

Note: If you would like to have this issue handled in real time, I recommend you reach out to Canon support. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Hi Arthur,

My computer has Windows 10 Home 22H2

Hi,

You can open the printer driver and select printer preferences and adjust the color settings but if that does not resolve the issue,  I recommend you reach out to Canon support. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Merdzo
Apprentice

Why did they ask which OS if they dont have an answer? It seems like a generic reply just to give an apearance that they try to solve issue. 
Checking internet it seems Canon printers generaly give poor quality prints and there is nothing you can do about it.

Announcements