cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX922 ink usage is excessive

rebmckenzie
Apprentice

My Canon MX922 is going through the extra large ink cartridges in three weeks. I have changed the print to black and white only. I opened it but don't see any leaks or ink inside the machine. At $100 for a set of ink cartridges this is ridiulous. I work from my home and print about twenty pages of text a day. 

That is about 33 cents per page. I can do better than that printing at office depot or UPS computers.

My printer is about one year old. Does anyone know how to fix this? Ink cartridges used to last about two months. Are they making the ink smaller?

Rebecca

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Since everyone uses their printers differently, it would be hard to say why your printer "appears' to be consuming more ink now than it did a year ago.  I don't believe Canon has decreased the size of their cartridges. 

Try printing your documents in "draft' mode.  This decreases ink usage and is often acceptable in most situations.  You can use regular printing when you need a document to look its best.     

If you are primarily printing B&W documents, I suggest you consider a laser printer over inkjet.  Toner lasts much longer and has a much higher yield. Initial investment is comperable and the cost per page decreases dramatically. 

PQ.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements