Thank you for your inquiry, and welcome to the Canon Forums.
We appreciate your participation, however, for the community to best assist you can you provide us with the following information:
If you are in the USA and need immediate assistance please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to help! If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers to see if this will help with your issue. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and perform the following:
1. Click the Start Button and search for the Control Panel, then open the Control Panel.
2. Open "Programs and Features", or "Uninstall a program".
3. Uninstall the MX490 MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool if either of these are listed. If these are not listed, move on to the next step.
4. Go back to the Control Panel.
5. Open Devices and Printers.
6. Right-click and delete or remove any copies of the printer that are listed here.
Next, visit the following link:
Once there, download and install the MX490 series MP Drivers.
12/05/2023: New firmware updates are available.
09/26/2023: New firmware updates are available.
08/18/2023: Canon EOS R5 C training series is released.
07/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.