cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MP640 banding problem

bagehot43
Apprentice

After two years problem free, I'm having issues with printing and copying, and would appreciate feedback about (a) potential source of the problem and (b) how I might go about fixing it.

The following images show what's happening.

1. Printing text: every third line or so looks like it has been bolded. Copying text has the same result.

lorem ipsum.jpeg

2. Printing images: banding progressively becomes more pronounced as the page is printed.

stan&ollie.jpeg

3. Check pattern: top of PGBK row is missing alternate bars.

check pattern.jpeg

(The last BK row doesn't actually print in rainbow patterns: it's plain grey.)

I've cleaned and deep cleaned 4-6 times, removed the print head and flushed the nozzles with warm water without success. 

I'm using an iMac with OSX 10.6.8. Problem happens with both wifi and usb setup.

Any idea what's going on?

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hello bagenhot43,

Unfortunately, since you have performed multiple cleanings and deep cleanings on the printer and the nozzle check pattern and other items are still not printing correctly, the printer will require servicing to determine the source of the issue and resolve the problem.  Please use the contact link below to obtain information on your service options.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

rystom
Apprentice

hello, i have the same problem.. please help me.. my printer is canon i9100.IMG_20150228_184515.jpg

Announcements