cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG7550 Cloud Scanning Problems

yokodojo
Apprentice

I'm trying to scan to my google drive folder with not success. I know it's not a hardware problem, since scanning remotely from my iPad app works fine. 

When I try to scan I'm left at the last stage where it says "processing" on the display. I'm successfully logged in to google drive on the mg7550  and I can access the folders, but the scanner will not activate when told to.

The scanner is also stuck at the last stage when trying to scan to email. The display says Processing and the grey loading animation goes on and on. 

Software is up to date and wifi is sucessfully connected. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2

jpvanderperren
Apprentice

Hello,

I had exactly the same problem. It turns out that this is caused by 1 or more empty ink cartridges. I don't understand what having ink or not has to do with scanning. This is a cheap trick to force you to buy more Canon ink cartridges. I didn't try but I'm sure that you will run into the same problem should you use non-Canon cartridges. This feels like a scam to me. This will be the last Canon product I ever bought. I suggest we all complain about this to Canon. This is soemthing that can be fixed with a software update.

I have the same problem, but all my ink cartridges are full enough. Changing them did not help. There must be something else causing this.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements