cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG5600: Is my PGBK nozzle permanently clogged?

Beaky
Apprentice

Can nozzles be permanently clogged? 

I can't print black text and the black nozzle check pattern is missing on the test print-out (the colored parts are fine). 

The ink status on my printer showed that the PGBK ink was low, but not empty, so I cleaned the print head twice. I still only saw a slight grey smear where the black nozzle check pattern should be, so I performed two deep cleanings.

The result is that there are some slight shadows of the nozzle grid, but now my ink status shows that the C ink tank needs to be replaced due to the deep cleaning. The PGBK displays as being low on ink. On my last nozzle check printout C printed perfectly.

Ink is so expensive and it is a crime to have to waste expensive ink of all colors in cleaning when only one color won't print. 

My question is, if I replace the C and PGBK cartridges and the PGBK still won't print, should I throw the whole printer away or invest more money in ink to continue performing deep cleanings? Man Sad

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements