cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG5300 printer no longer prints or copies.

Shevlin
Apprentice

The printer is a Pixma MG5320. I've been using this device for 2-3 years without issue. Suddenly today nothing prints. The print job is set to the printer and it goes through all the motions but the page comes out blank. The cartriges are not empty. I also tried to copy a page and the same thing happened; it scanned the page and made all the right noises and pretended to print, but the page that came out was blank. HELP! What's wrong with my printer? Is it fixable?

In case it's necessary - 5 different computers are connected. All running Windows 7.

6 REPLIES 6

Shevlin
Apprentice

Problem resolved. Woman Happy

This printer comes with two black cartridges, one large one small (the same size as the colors). It has always had the ability to operate when one or the other was empty. If both were empty it would not print at all. If a color runs out, you get a dialog box telling you it's empty and you MUST replace it or you can't do anything - even print black only docs. My large cartrige has been empty for a couple weeks but since the smaller was just replaced and is still full, I've been printing for a couple weeks with just the small cartridge without issue. I've very often printed for long periods on just one or the other. Today it seems the small cartridge despite being full didn't want to print. I replaced the large cartridge and it's working again. I also cleaned and deep cleaned the print heads, not even those two cleans got the small cartridge to get going. Anyway, I will keep an eye on it - hopefully more print heads won't stop working.

shester555
Apprentice

I started having this problem yesterday. My black cartridge 226 was low but it didn't give me amessage or warning that i absolutely HAD to replace it. When it stopped printing or copying anything, i did replace the 226, and all the other cartridges are fine. But still nothing - any ideas on what else it could be? 

I have the same problem. Printer goes through the motions, no errors or messages, but the page comes out blank. I tried cleaning print heads and then changing out ink cartridges even through they were not empty, but nothing helps.

Hi shester555 and Jethro,

Because cleanings did not get your PIXMA MG5320's to work, it is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a Pixma MG5300.   It prints fine from the copy mode but not for my IPad or Windows computer.  Can you help me?

Hi Ebony1,

When you attempt to print from your iPad or computer, do you get an error?

If you get an error, what is the exact wording of the error message that you get?

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements