cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG3620 will no longer function after moving it.

Green
Apprentice

I unplugged and moved my Canon MG3620 to my garage for a few weeks.  I am now ready to reconnect it and it will not function.  I use MacOS Monterey 12.6.7  The error message is: Print Failed Something went wrong when trying to print.  Please check your printer and try again.

I have never been able to link by wifi.  I always have to connect it to my Mac.  I can lay a page on the printer glass and it will print.  However I need to print from my Mac.  I would really appreciate any help. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

When connected, does the device appear as connected in "Printers and Scanners"?

Maybe starting over would be best.  

Remove the printer from Printers and Scanners.  Disconnect the USB cable.

Download the drivers for OSX Monterey:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAxMTU1MjAy&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Now decide how you want to connect the device. 

If you want to connect via wireless, you'll need to follow these instructions before running the installation software and connecting the printer.

setup_mg3620_mac.pdf (canon.com)

If you want to use USB, then you can run the installation software without enabling wireless and connect when prompted.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

When connected, does the device appear as connected in "Printers and Scanners"?

Maybe starting over would be best.  

Remove the printer from Printers and Scanners.  Disconnect the USB cable.

Download the drivers for OSX Monterey:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAxMTU1MjAy&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Now decide how you want to connect the device. 

If you want to connect via wireless, you'll need to follow these instructions before running the installation software and connecting the printer.

setup_mg3620_mac.pdf (canon.com)

If you want to use USB, then you can run the installation software without enabling wireless and connect when prompted.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Green
Apprentice

Hey Rick.  That was great advise.  It solved my problem, I'm back to printing.  🙂  Thanks!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Thank you for the feedback. Glad it helped.  Have a wonderful day

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements