cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG3500 Not Responding / Ink details cannot be displayed

hanna_g
Apprentice

Hi,

I have recently bought a new Canon MG3500 (some 2 months ago). It worked flawlessly until yesterday, when it suddenly 'stopped responding'. At the same time it also stopped showing ink levels ('Ink details cannot be displayed').

I replaced the original black cartridge about a week ago and it worked just fine for a few days. The colour cartridge was also running low (even though I have mostly been printing in BW), so I replaced it too today in the hope this would solve the problem, with no result. The printer won't print a file, a test page nor carry out cartridge alignment etc. The copier works just fine though - I'm guessing the cartridges are not the problem then, perhaps something to do with printer-pc communication (it's set to wireless)?

I print quite a lot (up to 10 pages/day) and need my printer desperately. Any help will be most appreciated!

Best regards

MG3500_not_responding.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

phylmart
Apprentice

Same exact issue almost word for word.

Unable to find it addressed in manual or online. 

Can anyone help?  It must be something simple.

Thanks in advance.

Should add, no flashing lights to count, only a steady yellow error light.

Hi phylmart, Please try a test of your PIXMA MG3520: 1. Make sure that your PIXMA MG3520 is turned on. 2. Load a sheet of Letter-sized plain paper in the front tray. 3. Open the output tray extension, open the paper output tray, then extend the paper output support. 4. Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes orange once, then release it immediately. Does the test page print? If not, what error appears on your PIXMA MG3520?
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

my printer is doing the same. I tried what you suggested and it did print out the test. but when I tried again to pring I get the same error message....what can I do next?

Hi, I've managed to solve my problem from June, so I'm happy to share 🙂 The problem turned out to be as I suspected in communication between pc and printer - for reasons still unknown to me, the pc stops detecting the printer after it goes off. Still not sure either why this occurs after a few months of use. What worked for me is to deinstall the printer entirely, reset the router (!), reinstall and allow the pc to redetect. My printer now again works without fail as long as I don't switch it off (I leave it on pretty much at all times these days). It's not quite ideal, and seems like there is some issue with the product. Would be great if Canon could look into that 🙂 Hope this helps. Regards

Announcements