cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG2920 - Scanning Software has no response

sharkman81
Apprentice

Hello All, 

I hard reset my laptop so I had to redownload the software to run my Canon MG2920. All the functionalities on the printer work except for scanning. I can print from my computer and scan and print by pressing the black color option on the printer. However, I cannot scan documents that save to a pdf file. I have tried all the different scanning options and there is no response on the printer.

Steps:

1. Power the Printer.
  2. Ensure the USB connection.
  3. Place document for scanning.
  4. In Canon Quick Menu, I select the Auto Scan button. There is a spinning circle that shows a program is running but disappears shortly after.
  5. Wait forever for no response from the printer. There is no scanning happening.

Additional information:

• Have the latest driver, downloaded from the Canon website.
  • Tried the Canon IJ Utility troubleshooter, but that only checks for printer functionalities.
  • Tried the Windows troubleshooter, says no issue.
  • The printer status is online.
  • The document is placed inside the printer.
  • Using Windows 10.
  • USB connection.
  • The black ink is low, but should not be a factor? (I can hold the stop button and it should scan, yes/no?)

Am I missing a step? 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You might check the windows firewall and see if all Canon related software which is installed is allowed through the firewall.  "Application based exceptions"

If you are using a 3rd party anti-virus this has been known to cause communication failures as well (if applicable). 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick, 

I am having trouble identifying which application I should be allowing past my firewall. I have done some research and found this link: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART174139  but I wasn't able to find that application. Thus, I have tried all available applications (SCANUTILITY, MAPI, and SETEVENT) in the IJ Scan Utility folder to no avail. 

Is there a way I can narrow down my search? 

Thanks.

Hi sharkman81,

Please click on the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of your computer's screen.

In the menu that appears, click on the Canon Utilities folder.

In that folder, click on the IJ Scan Utility.

Once the IJ Scan Utility is open, please click on the Photo button.

Are you able to scan?

If not, what error code appears at the bottom of the error message that you get?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements