cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon IJ Driver Installer Has Stopped Working.

jsm1963
Contributor

Trying to install the PIXMA MX922 on my Windows 10 Pro 64bit computer.  Disabled Kaspersky and Malwarebytes.  Whenever I try to install mp68-win-mx920-1_00-ejs.exe a window pops up that says Canon IJ Driver Installer Has Stopped Working.

I've already worked with Canon tech.  I've done a clean install of all the software and even tried Run as Administrator.  It still won't install.  The rest of the software installs fine.  I'm able to print.  Just no scanner.

I was able to install the printer onto my Windows 7 Pro 32bit computer last night, so I'm relieved that the printer is working properly.

Anybody have any ideas?

14 REPLIES 14

Spent an hour and still unable to install the driver.

lucky enough to find this post. 

I turn off the manage printer by windows then manage to install successfully. 

thank you 

windows 10 64 bits

crash when register fax driver 

apicquot
Apprentice

I had the printer installed on win 10 pro (x64)converted from win 7 and the driver installer worked fine. I reinstalled win 10 from scratch and the driver install no longer works...

Hi, apicquot!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, please let everyone know the printer model you are using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

rohitmaneg
Contributor

Hi,

Its good that it is solved now, but I always prefer to have a direct call with the Canon Support desk and Explain the issue. 

Or, simply download the newly released file from canon. 

Ashtonmiller
Apprentice

It is like miracle this solution worked for me and now my printer is working fine, I always appreciate canon ijsetup to provide such a great support.

Announcements