cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon G6020 Printer problems - Stating Out of Paper in Error

peterfcarr
Apprentice

I have a relatively new G6020 printer that is virtually useless because it always tells me it is out of paper when it is not; I am unable to print in colour; and the online manual is no help because it is poorly written and does not give any solutions to problems. I am getting so frustrated that I am on the point of chucking the printer out the window and going back to HP or Brother. If anybody can help with these problems it would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

So we can best assist you, please reply with the answers to the following:

1. What version of Windows or MacOS is your computer running?
  2. Are you trying to print documents or photos? 
  3. Along with the error message, does an error code appear? 
  4. What size paper are you trying to print on? 
  5. When you try to print color does a error appear or just a blank page prints? 

We look forward to your reply. 

Or if you wish to deal with this issue in real time, I recommend reaching out to Canon support. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Dear Arthur,

Thanks for responding.

1. What version of Windows or MacOS is your computer running? Windows 10
  2. Are you trying to print documents or photos? Documents
  3. Along with the error message, does an error code appear? 5020
  4. What size paper are you trying to print on? 8.5 x 11"
  5. When you try to print color does a error appear or just a blank page prints? Originally, it would not print in color - ever, so I just didn't try to print in color. Then when I needed to print in color and it wouldn't, I tried soaking the print head in a solution of Isopropyll Alcohol and water, and now it only prints in washed out colours.
  6. I finally (after about two days trying) uninstalled all the Canon programs and then reinstalled them and the printer now works, but I still have the same problem when trying to print in color.
  7. Thanks,
  8. Peter Carr
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements