cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Prient Due to Constent Printing Errors

JustSerfin
Contributor

Why is it that I am constantly having printing errors (Printer error has occurred. - support code 5100)?  I have performed the troubleshooting steps (Cancel printing, turn off the machine. Then clear the jammed paper or protective material that is preventing the FINE cartridge holder from moving, and turn on the machine again.) but it does not resolve anything at all & continues happening.

I constantly wasting ink & paper trying to get my printing done so this is completely unacceptable.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,
Error 5100 can have more than one cause or meaning, and can vary by printer model.

What is your printer model?

Some possible causes:

Packing material was left inside the printer.

Remove foreign objects from rear tray.

An ink tank(s) is not seated properly.

Paper is jammed or there is an object inside the printer.

The printer needs to be reset.

The encoder film/strip may need to be cleaned.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

That does not help.

It is a Canon Pixma MH2525 but….

• I bought (& therefore have had) the printer (since) October 2018 so it makes no logical sense whatsoever how “Packing material was left inside the printer.” after under two (2) years.  Furthermore, all the rollers move fine.
  • I can’t “Remove foreign objects from rear tray.” when there is NOTHING THERE (except for the paper being fed into the printer for printing).
  • How can “An ink tank(s) is not seated properly.” when I have checked them - multiple times?  They are (both) perfectly fine!
  • I know, for a fact, that NO “Paper is jammed or there is an object inside the printer.” when it just suddenly stops printing in the middle of the job.  How can it print perfectly fine & just suddenly stop & lights flash with no explanation?  As I had clearly stated, there is NOTHING blocking ANYTHING as I had (already) checked multiple times.
  • How can “The printer needs to be reset.” when I have been turning it off & back on (including disconnecting it from the computer as well as unplugging it from power).  I think I have already “reset” it way too many times for me to count!
  • How can “The encoder film/strip may need to be cleaned.” when I have looked & don’t see anything that “need(s) to be cleaned”?

Everything you have told me I have already done (many of which I have done multiple times).  What kind of idiot do you think I am not to have already done that stuff?

@JustSerfin wrote:

That does not help.

It is a Canon Pixma MH2525 but….

What kind of idiot do you think I am not to have already done that stuff?

I don't think anything about you.  I don't know you.    

Your printer model is actually MG2525, and the suggestions I made without knowing this were correct.

If you have tried them all and the error persists, it will require repair according to Canon:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART140391

My advice, replace it.  A $44 dollar printer isn't worth repairing, but that is up to you.  

Good Luck

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes, so I hit the wrong button /letter (the G is right next to H, anyone could do it).  The point is I have been dealing with it for a while….I have the problem, manage to get it working again but it happens again….& again….& again….& again (it’s been happening off & on for months).  How much ink & paper do I have to waste to finish printing something?  It is annoying as all heck!

That being said, “replace it” is the only logical answer there is (which I have already bought a new printer).  But what good does that do me (now) in what I have been in the middle of printing (which I still haven’t finished)?  Then add to that the days/week(s)/whatever that I am basically out of a printer until the new 1 arrives?  What if, hypothetically speaking, a/the print job was time sensitive & had a deadline which would laps during that wait-time?  That would only add to the problem.

You make it sound like telling me to “replace it” is convent….but something like this is never convent regardless of the situation.  I posted because I am fed-up with the situation & wanted a quick fix….which I can’t even get - case in point of having to “replace it”.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements