cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone give me a good alternative printer to purchase since my MX882 died of the U052 glitch?

msblkjck
Apprentice

I have been without a printer now for several months.  I kept believing that Canon would actually fix the problems everyone is having, but I was so wrong.  I cleaned the printer head, went and spent another $60 on ink cartridges and tried all of the suggests from Canon and others users....to NO avail.

I was told that this was a glitch that Canon built into the printer for anyone who used generic ink.  I admit I was buying cheaper ink because fixed income doesn't go very far for expenses like printer ink.  But I did go out and spend the full $60 for new cartridges, stupidly thinkinng that it would help the printer to reset and get rid of the U052 error.....again to NO avail!.

I think it's time that I admit to myself, that regardless of how much I was looking forward to being a Canon customer (after lousy experiences with HP & Lexmark), Canon is NOT customer friendly or concerned with helping with an issue that I now see is a LOT more involved than just my printer.

I was wondering if anyone can give me any info on a new printer purchase.  I assume Brother is my next option??   If you can give me suggests of a reliable printer it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

kmikuta
Contributor

Hi. I had all the same problems with my Canon. I hoped it would be a lasting" relationship " after problems with Lexmark and HP. I just bought a Brother last week after reading a top ten printer article online. There were three Brothers listed in that group, and not a single Canon! The Brother I bought is bigger, but a friend has one and said it is terrific on ink. That's quite different from my Canon. There is a smaller model for about $100 that's on the last with a decent review. Go to pcmag.com and search for the top ten printer list, or follow this link.        http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2373165,00.asp

Good Luck!

Thank You So Much!!!!!!!

That is EXACTLY the info I needed to help me find another printer.

You are Very Kind for taking the time to reply 🙂

Canon.....you lost ANOTHER customer!!

Announcements