cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CP910 Scratch appearing on printed photo

PFredrickson
Apprentice

I have had my CP910 for a number of years. Recently a scratch started appearing on my photos after the complete printing. It always appears in the same place and it is a perfectly straight line.

There is no scratch on the blank photo paper. I have swapped out the photo paper pack, printer cartridge and even used an air canister to blow out any dust. All with no improvement. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this from happening?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello PFredrickson,

If you are getting a line/scratch in your prints, it could be caused by debris in the printer or a hardware issue. If you have already checked the interior of the printer and cleaned the inside, it would mean the printer needs service.  The line that you are getting in the printout would point to a problem in the part that applies the ink to the paper.

To resolve this issue you can send the printer in to our factory service center for repair/replacement. To see which service center you would send the printer to and what service options you have, you can log in or create a Canon service account using the link provided HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements