cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON PIXMA MG6820 NOT PRINTING BLACK INK IN DOCS OR PDF

cdomdel
Apprentice

Please help! It prints nicely screenshot but not this type of documents! Cleaning already done. Please advice!

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cdomdel,

If you have not done so, I recommend printing a nozzle check. Please click HERE for the steps. Once it prints, click the link in step 8 to compare your nozzle check to our sample.

If the grid is missing from the nozzle check, I recommend performing another cleaning. If that does not resolve the issue, please take the PG Black ink cartridge out of the printer and reply with the information you see on the cartridge( ink number, where it was made, etc).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

mixx256
Apprentice

Did you ever figure this one out?  One thing i noticed is my nozzle check pattern has 2 Cyan's, 2 Magenta's, 1 Yellow, and 1 Black...  but the MG6820 has 2 Black inks: pigment and dye.  So i'm suspecting that whatever black it's trying to use has the problem, and the other is fine.   I've replaced both tanks but still have no way of confirming it's the printer or my computer.

OK I answered my own dumb question - but the question is dumb only because I'd argue the implementation for how a nozzle check pattern works is dumb ; ).

If you're completely missing PG-BK in your check pattern, and you've replaced your ink - your head is bad or more than likely just needs to be cleaned.  If cleaning through the maintenance option doesn't work, force some isopropyl alcohol through the pad(s).  For me, i just copied something black in Black & White - and whether or not that uses pigment ink - it completely solved the problem for me.

I would argue that the letters "PG-BK" should be printed with the "BK" ink, or a combo of all the colors - and "BK" printed by the "PG-BK" ink so you can tell what ink is actually bad - if you're not expecting to see "PG-BK" at the top of the pattern!

This is much more obvious:

PG-BK 

M           =======================

M         ========================

C          ========================

C           ========================
Y             =======================

BK           =======================

Than this:

M           =======================

M         ========================

C          ========================

C           ========================
Y             =======================

BK           =======================

That you have a problem with your PG-BK!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements