cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New Pixma G3260 - Faded out photos, is this really not being fixed?

Amin1992
Apprentice

Hey guys. Wish i had read the slew of posts talking about this before I bought and set this printer up... it seemed perfect and worth the money, until I went to print a photo... it came out totally washed out and faded. Here I come to find this is a known issue because these Pixmas don't use black ink when they detect that it's a photo print, and they assume you are using gloss paper. 

We print photos on normal printer paper, and use our computers and smart phones. I figured out a trick on my computer to get it to print normally, but this will not work on my smartphone... Also, it only takes one update on Windows side of things for that trick to stop working and I'm stuck with a printer that doesn't print photos...

I can't seem to find an answer anywhere other than using Pixma proprietary software, which I'm not willing to do. I just want to be able to click a picture and print it! Simple. 

Is there really no fix? If not, I'm going to return this stupid printer and buy an HP or Brother instead... appreciate the help 

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I recommend reaching out to Canon support. The real time feedback of a live technical support call/chat would be very beneficial in this case.

You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Announcements