cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black text is fuzzy in alternate lines

tcreek
Contributor

My Pixma MG6821 began printing black text in clear and alternate fuzzy lines. It will print 2 clear lines and then 2 fuzzy lines continually down the page. Colored text is OK.

I know that many people have reported this problem on different Canon printers over the last few years but I have not seen a resolution to the problem. I have tried all the suggestions that the Canon "Experts" have suggested.

I have changed the PGI270XL black cartridge. I have tried every maintenance solution, wasting much ink and a couple dozen sheets of paper. I have cleaned the timing strip as best I can but it is very difficult to do. I can get acceptable text by changing from plain paper to matte photo paper but should not have to do that. It is much slower and uses more ink.

Has anyone found a better solution or is this a defect in some Canon printers that they will not admit?

9 REPLIES 9

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Adequete ink supply

Performed all maintenance tasks

Print heads have a useable life.  This can be shortened if they are used without adequete ink.  Overheating can occur in this situation.

Next step:

Reseat the print head

If this doesn't work, its probably time for a new print head. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have always had an ample ink supply in the cartridges and have used the printer much less than the average user so I don't believe the problem would be the print head.

Why would the printer print all text ok on matte photo paper and print text ok only on 2 of every 4 lines on plain paper throughout a whole document?

Hi tcreek

The PGI-270 ink is used for the black text, while images tend to print black using a combination of the CLI inks (including the CLI-BK ink) to produce a photo-quality black.

If this problem seems to follow a paper jam, try gently cleaning the printer's timing strip with a few dry or lightly moistened (plain tap water) cotton swabs (if using moistened swabs, follow up with dry ones to dry the strip afterwards).

If this doesn't correct the problem, then the printer will need to be replaced; contact us using the information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI for warranty service or (if out of warranty) the Canon Upgrade Program.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have cleaned the timing strip 3 different times and still have the problem. It seems that I must puchase a new printer which is upsetting because the printer gets very light use. I have always used Canon printers and have been well satisfied, till now.

Grumpy-lMan2
Apprentice

Worked well for me after spending hours trying Auto and Manual Head Alignment, Cleaning and Deep Cleaning and using up a lot of paper and Ink. Tried just about everything except removing and cleaning the Print Head. At a last resort found Canon Commnity page and lo and behold using Photo Matte Paper produced a perfect copy without blurred lines and wavy lines.

Thanks for the answer, but can anyone suggest why should this work when everything else I tried did not? I prefer not to use the Photo Matte Paper setting as uses a lot of ink.

I agree why does using different paper solve this problem?
I have to to print a number of A4 sheets of meeting minutes not possible to print on photo paper and need to use as little ink as possible.
This is the second printer of the same type that I have had to purchase not a very good record. Give us an answer Canon, Printer ip7250.

Thanks for your similar problem. However, I only used ordinary paper not photo paper, just the matte paper setting.

I tried everything before, but this actually worked.

Thank you very much, Grumpy-lMan2!

THis worked for me also!! Thanks!!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements