Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black and White scan setting for MX522

zipfunk
Apprentice

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum.

I have an MX522 (Pixma) and when I scan a two page document it comes out at 1.7mB

I have the exact same scan from another scanner (that no longer functions) that is 224kB

A friend who is more knowledgeable than I on these things said my scan was greyscale and the old one was Black and White.

I've read everywhere and cant seem to find the setting to make the scanner select black and white.

I've gone through all the on screen settings and I press BLACK when I want it to scan (as opposed to COLOR)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

When you scan directly from the printer and select the Black button, the printer will scan in Black and White. There is no grayscale option when it comes to scanning.

The one file may have been bigger due to a resolution setting. If the MX522 was set to a higher scan resolution the file of the same scan would be bigger.

For extra tips on scanning, I am attaching a link HERE that goes to the scanning portion of your printers online manual.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements