cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you supporting PIXMA MG3620 with Catalina operating system on a Mac?

mommynightskye
Apprentice

Hi,

I just upgraded my operating system on my Mac to Catalina and now my computer no longer recognizes my printer. I thought it might be because I also changed my network at the same time. (My old router was 32 bit so I had to purchase a new router to do the software upgrade).

I tried to call tech support only to find out you have no one available on weekends, which is disappointing. So I went to your support page online to download drivers and try to set the printer up again with the new network, but there are no drivers showing as available for 10.15 Catalina. Also really disappointing.

Will you be supporting my PIXMA MG3620 or do I have to buy a new printer?

Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks. I'm really hoping someone at Canon is reading this on a Saturday.

9 REPLIES 9

hamilton
Contributor
I have a similar problem. Updated to 10.15 and my MB5120 will not scan more than one document at a time and requires a restart of the scan utility.

@hamilton wrote:
I have a similar problem. Updated to 10.15 and my MB5120 will not scan more than one document at a time and requires a restart of the scan utility.

Same story:. New drivers for Catalina are available.

catalina.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Got it.  The pulldown is not quite obvious.  Thanks 

The Driver download does not resolve the issues.

Can't promise this weill help, but consider this.

You probably installed the updated driver over the existing install which was already broken.  I would recommend removing the printer instance from System Preferences > Printer and Scanners, as well as uninstalling all software for Canon from your system. 

Then reboot and perform a fresh install of the printer and new software.  Can't say it will help, but this is indicated to rule out issues with the previous install.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

where is the pulldown?

I Have updated to MAC OS 10.15/Catalinaand and also updated to the latest drivers.

The scanner will not work for multiple scans on the 2nd scan attempt the message

"Failed to open a session on the device"

is displayed.

If the application is Quit and then restarted one scan will take place then the same message.

Also, the Document (ADF.Platen) Option always scans from the platen, not the ADF.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@mommynightskye wrote:

Hi,

I just upgraded my operating system on my Mac to Catalina and now my computer no longer recognizes my printer. I thought it might be because I also changed my network at the same time. (My old router was 32 bit so I had to purchase a new router to do the software upgrade).

I tried to call tech support only to find out you have no one available on weekends, which is disappointing. So I went to your support page online to download drivers and try to set the printer up again with the new network, but there are no drivers showing as available for 10.15 Catalina. Also really disappointing.

Will you be supporting my PIXMA MG3620 or do I have to buy a new printer?

Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks. I'm really hoping someone at Canon is reading this on a Saturday.

Routers (networking devices) are not 32 or 64bit.  Thats another discussion.

Have you checked for Catalina Drivers on the support page for your pinter model?

Posted 9/22

catalina.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements