cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another computer is using the printer.

taurocen
Apprentice

I'm about done with your PIXMA MG5520. get your code monkeys looking for the bug. I need a permanent fix. I didnt pay for a printer for it to work SOMETIMES. And then i have to uninstall it and re-install it every time I turn it on.

5 REPLIES 5

Tara_N
Enthusiast

Hello taurocen!

Welcome to the Canon Forums! The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to CONTACT US either by phone during business hours or email 24 hours a day!

Hello.

So we can try to assist, please tell us what version of Windows or Mac OSX is on your computer.  Also, tell us if the printer is being used wirelessly or with a direct USB connection.

If immediate assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

we are using win 7, 8.1 and 10 on 6 different computers plus an ipad and android phones. it is on a 2,4g WiFi connection with an assigned ip. sometimes turning the printer off and onwill solve th problem, but we need a fix.

thanks

Hi director59, Please turn off of your devices and computers off. Then only turn one one and attempt to print. Do you get the error? If not, please continue to turn each one on, one by one. Which device, when turned on, causes the error?
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

i still get the error even if there are no other computers on.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements