cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to TR4520 capable of scanning to a PNG

pwrichcreek
Enthusiast

I'm using a CANON TR4520 printer. I use a utility provided by CANON to scan documents to a PDF, but it can't scan to a PNG file. I'm told that isn't a flaw of the utility, but rather the TR4520 doesn't support that function. Does anyone know of a CANON printer similar to the TR4520 in terms of price and capability (except for the absence of PNG capability)?

TIA.
pwrichcreek.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pwrichcreek,

The IJ Scan Utility can save your scans as PDF.  Please open the IJ Scan Utility and follow these steps:

1.  Click the Settings button in the lower right corner.

2.  Click on Photo Scan in the menu on the left side.

3.  In the Save Settings section to the right, select PNG from the Data Format drop down box.

4.  Click OK.

5.  Place your item face down on the scan glass and click the Photo button on the IJ Scan Utility.

Your item will be scanned and saved as PNG.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pwrichcreek,

The IJ Scan Utility can save your scans as PDF.  Please open the IJ Scan Utility and follow these steps:

1.  Click the Settings button in the lower right corner.

2.  Click on Photo Scan in the menu on the left side.

3.  In the Save Settings section to the right, select PNG from the Data Format drop down box.

4.  Click OK.

5.  Place your item face down on the scan glass and click the Photo button on the IJ Scan Utility.

Your item will be scanned and saved as PNG.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

Place you item face down on the scan glass I had been loading the document into the multi-page feeder, I guess because that's what I always did for pdf.

Thanks for you help.
pwrichcreek.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements