Have you had a chance to use our EOS Webcam Utility Mac software?
We’d love to know what you think of it! Once you’ve had some experience with it, share your feedback below to get tips and tricks from our support team.
*Verified comments posted below this article will be given a "kudos" from the official Canon U.S.A. account and added to our the tips & tricks list below.*
*Image depicts available livestream viewing options*
Canon Tips: Using EOS Webcam Utility Mac Software
- When using EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 software with macOS 10.14 (Mojave) and macOS 10.15 (Catalina) the following desktop applications will not list or permit EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 software to function on your device. Use Web-based client in Google Chrome instead of a desktop application:
- Safari (Use Google Chrome)
- Microsoft Teams
*Limitation applies when using EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 Software with macOS 10.13(High Sierra) and macOS 10.14(Mojave) and 10.15(Catalina)
- EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 software does not support apps downloaded from the App Store. Please download the application from the service provider’s website where available.
- The camera can only operate with one application on your computer at a time. If the video conferencing or streaming application you are trying to use cannot receive the video feed from your camera, close all other applications on your computer that may be connected to the camera.
- When using EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 software with video conferencing or streaming applications, we cannot guarantee that it will be compatible with your device and/or the software applications you are using. If you experience any issues, we suggest using a web-based client version of the service or trying a different video conferencing or streaming application.
FIND THE RIGHT WEBCAM STARTER KIT
Whether connecting with colleagues, academic peers, or family and friends, find the right webcam starter kit that works for you.