cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sx70 Download pics to computer NOT working!

mrsclaus
Contributor

I have a canon sx70 and am desperately trying to find a program that will download pics and vids to my PC and put them in their date taken folders. I have image transfer utility 2 which is totally useless because it wont work. I deleted it and redownloaded it and still it wont pair with my camera. So that program wont work. I also have Digital photo professional and all it does is edit NOT download pics and vids!!!

15 REPLIES 15

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I haven't bothered with Adobe Bridge for a long time, but it might do what you need:

https://www.adobe.com/products/bridge.html

https://www.blog.jimdoty.com/?p=32501

That doesnt look like it will do what I need. I dont use photoshop. I just use the digital photo professional to edit my shots.

Adobe bridge is free and has a tryout. Nothing to lose.

Frankly, I think you are kicking against the goads. As I said, the paradigm has shifted to DAM's that take care of all that for you.

I am determined to get a program working that suits my needs. I know its out there I just have to find it and get my camera to pair with it. The Image Utility offered isn't working. I cant get my camera to pair with it. After many hours talking to groups like this one, talking on the phone for support, we are thinking that the windows update might have added a firewall, or something like that, that is preventing me from pairing my camera to the Utility program. It might or might not, but I am checking every avenue that I can find.

Are you talking about Image Transfer Utility 2.2.0 for Windows? 

You can disable your Windows 11 firewall temporarily to see if  things work. Windows 10 has a firewall also, so who knows?

No I am not. That is not the one I am talking about. I am saying, the one that worked with my old sx510 is the CANON UTILITIES CAMERA WINDOW DC. THATS the one I want for this new one but apparently it wont work with it for some reason. I do have the new Image Transfer Utility 2 but my new camera wont pair with it so it is useless to me until I can figure out why they wont pair. I wont disable any firewall just in case trouble seeps in.

Announcements