cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading pictures

jbnielsen
Apprentice

I downloaded picture style editor for Mac for my CanonEOS Rebel T6i.  I have it plugged in with USB to computer and I've turned the camera on.  Nothing.  Do I need to download different or additional software?  First time in a long time with a new computer.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go into your Applications folder on the Mac and double click Image Capture.Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 12.45.17 PM.png

Connect your camera, turn it on and it should appear.

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 12.48.39 PM.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

jbnielsen
Apprentice

Because I used the cable, I had to turn off the WiFi on my camera. Thank you for all your help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You did not say what computer, but you need EOS Utility to transfer the styles to the camera.

Untitled.jpgUntitled2.jpgUntitled3.jpg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Wecome to the forum. I think you might not understand what Picture Style Editor is. It is a specialized tool for creating custom Picture Styles.

If you want to edit the images from your camera you can download Canon Digital Photo Professional.

Or you can use Apple Photos on your Mac.

If you start up the app Image Capture you can download the images from your camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What particular Mac do you have?  Some have built-in SD card readers, so that would be another way to transfer images.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Folks, they are not transferring images, but Picture Styles.

Are you sure about that? OP seems unsure what to do when camera isn’t recognized by computer. Editing Picture Styles is an advanced level activity. 

I’m guessing she wants to edit her pictures and the title Picture Style Editor is the closest sounding software on the site. 

But I could be wrong. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jbnielsen
Apprentice

I don’t have a place for an sd card. I have a Mac. I downloaded the EOS utility but not it can’t sync with my camera and Mac. 

Go into your Applications folder on the Mac and double click Image Capture.Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 12.45.17 PM.png

Connect your camera, turn it on and it should appear.

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 12.48.39 PM.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you. Once I downloaded the correct software and turned of the WiFi on the camera, it did exactly what you said. 

jbnielsen
Apprentice

Because I used the cable, I had to turn off the WiFi on my camera. Thank you for all your help.

Announcements