cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any way to install ZoomBrowser EX on Windows 11

stakeout
Contributor

long time Canon user as you can tell with ZoomBrowser in the Subject..  still using it on my Win 10 PC's.. mainly to upload pics off my SD card.. it just works the way I want it to..  just got a new HP 13"Laptop Windows 11..   ZoomBrowser EX will not install.. is there any way I can get it to install or was Win 10 the last way to do it .. I don't want to connect the camera thru a USB cable..  lastly is there a similar Canon software to do the same??...I know the EOS Utility but that's not what I'm looking for...  using Canon 6dMkII.. 80d..60d SX50HS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stakeout
Contributor

CanonImageBrowserEX CD Disk-1.jpglooks like I solved my own problem... found an old Canon CD with Image Browser EX on it.. not sure if it came with my old 60d or my 80d .. anyway.. I copied the Canon contents from the CD using my Dell Desktop PC to a USB thumb drive.. I inserted the thumb drive into my new HP Envy 13" Laptop with Windows 11 .. I installed the Universal Installer and just the Image Browser EX software... it works the same as my old ZoomBrowser EX.. when I insert an SD card into a USB card reader into my Win 11 laptop I have it setup in Autoplay to d/l to Image Browser EX..  I can choose the same options as my old ZB with the window that shows up.. All.. New.. etc.. and it's setup to d/l into chronological dated folders with Year_Month_Day  to keep my folder hierarchy the same as I've done for many years..

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

normadel
Authority
Authority

This is odd. If ZB installed when you copied the files from CD to a flash drive, there's no reason it should not have installed from the CD. What DID happen when you tried from CD? Did Windows give you any error messages?

BoosMom
Apprentice

I didn't have the orignal disk CD so copied from the program files. I get that the registry has to change which is why it didn't work. I also downloaded the newer version off the canon site which did not work. I got as far as inputting the country, then it gave me error message not a valid install. I tried so many ways! Then tried to hook up a camera to access the software download, nope. Now I wish that my older design programs would work in win11. I use coreldraw X5 and Adobe CS5.....nope.

Announcements