cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any way to install ZoomBrowser EX on Windows 11

stakeout
Contributor

long time Canon user as you can tell with ZoomBrowser in the Subject..  still using it on my Win 10 PC's.. mainly to upload pics off my SD card.. it just works the way I want it to..  just got a new HP 13"Laptop Windows 11..   ZoomBrowser EX will not install.. is there any way I can get it to install or was Win 10 the last way to do it .. I don't want to connect the camera thru a USB cable..  lastly is there a similar Canon software to do the same??...I know the EOS Utility but that's not what I'm looking for...  using Canon 6dMkII.. 80d..60d SX50HS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stakeout
Contributor

CanonImageBrowserEX CD Disk-1.jpglooks like I solved my own problem... found an old Canon CD with Image Browser EX on it.. not sure if it came with my old 60d or my 80d .. anyway.. I copied the Canon contents from the CD using my Dell Desktop PC to a USB thumb drive.. I inserted the thumb drive into my new HP Envy 13" Laptop with Windows 11 .. I installed the Universal Installer and just the Image Browser EX software... it works the same as my old ZoomBrowser EX.. when I insert an SD card into a USB card reader into my Win 11 laptop I have it setup in Autoplay to d/l to Image Browser EX..  I can choose the same options as my old ZB with the window that shows up.. All.. New.. etc.. and it's setup to d/l into chronological dated folders with Year_Month_Day  to keep my folder hierarchy the same as I've done for many years..

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I think most to us would agree that if you want to just upload images to your computer, the simplest and arguably the most efficient, is to remove the card from your camera, and plug it into a SD reader attached, or part of your computer.

The OS File Manager will see it as a removable drive and then you just copy the files across to whatever drive(s) you want.  No special cables, no draining the camera battery to do so and the downloads should be the fastest to boot!

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

been using ZB for many many thousands of pics to d/l to my PC's.. I know the File Manager way to do it as you stated.. but it just works best for me using ZB by inserting the SD card in the slot.. up pops the ZB window to d/l.. choose 'new' images from the card.. hit the d/l button and it puts them in a nice consecutive dated file using year_ month_ day format.. so e-z.. oh well.. I guess 'one must adapt'  .. thanx  🙂

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Canon stopped releasing updates to ZoomBrowser several years ago.  If it worked for you on a Windows 10 machine, than I think that was a really happy accident.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I know that Canon discontinued ZB a while back including any updates.. I have it on 4 PC's running Windows 10.. I know a few people who also have it running on their Win 10 PC's..  then it ended on my new Win 11 laptop..

stakeout
Contributor

CanonImageBrowserEX CD Disk-1.jpglooks like I solved my own problem... found an old Canon CD with Image Browser EX on it.. not sure if it came with my old 60d or my 80d .. anyway.. I copied the Canon contents from the CD using my Dell Desktop PC to a USB thumb drive.. I inserted the thumb drive into my new HP Envy 13" Laptop with Windows 11 .. I installed the Universal Installer and just the Image Browser EX software... it works the same as my old ZoomBrowser EX.. when I insert an SD card into a USB card reader into my Win 11 laptop I have it setup in Autoplay to d/l to Image Browser EX..  I can choose the same options as my old ZB with the window that shows up.. All.. New.. etc.. and it's setup to d/l into chronological dated folders with Year_Month_Day  to keep my folder hierarchy the same as I've done for many years..

Glad you got a solution that works for you. 😁

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

appreciate your responses.. thanx much 🙂

BoosMom
Apprentice

I just found a successful way to install ZoomBrowser EX on my new windows 11 laptop. I did a search and found a site that offers a zipped file, title is ZB660INST_E. I downloaded it, it self extracted, installed itself, and It WORKED!!

I can now view all my pics as I prefer with Zoom Browser. As a side note it is the version 6.6.0.23. Version 6.6.

I hope this helps someone !!

BoosMom
Apprentice

Look for: ZB660INST_E. I downloaded it, it self extracted, installed itself, and It WORKED!!

I can now view all my pics as I prefer with Zoom Browser. As a side note it is the version 6.6.0.23. Version 6.6.

Announcements