cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will EOS utility 2.1 package with 60D talk to my XSI also

TIMFOTOG
Apprentice

I have an XT and a XSI, I purchased the 60D and it came with EOS utility 2.10 will this still communicate with the XSI.  My current version of EOS utility doesnt talk to the XT 

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

@TIMFOTOG wrote:

I have an XT and a XSI, I purchased the 60D and it came with EOS utility 2.10 will this still communicate with the XSI.  My current version of EOS utility doesnt talk to the XT 

Hi TIMFOTOG! Any newer version of EOS Digital Solutions Disk will work with an older camera. So yes, the software from your EOS 60D will work with your EOS Digital Rebel XSi. The only reason I can think that the newer software wouldn't work for your EOS Digital Rebel XT would be if you're using a newer version of Windows (Vista, 7 or 8), or Mac OS 10.6 or higher that doesn't support cameras that do not have the newest version of Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) in the camera, so it's not the software that won't talk to the camera, it's the Operating System that doesn't recognize it the right way to allow the camera to interact with the software. For your XT, you'll want to use a Compact Flash card reader and ZoomBrowser EX (Windows)/ImageBrowser (Mac) to transfer the pictures from the card, and that will work. I hope that helps, if not, let me know, and I'll get you over to one of our Subject Matter Experts to further troubleshot your issue, or if you prefer, you can always contact us for one-on-one help!

thanks I have used Zoom browser to download from the Old XT for some time. It seems in EOS utility  there should be an option for your multiple cameras, if you would like to set preferences to store them in different files, you should be able to set disignated storage space  for each, just to keep them separate. This would be handy if you operate more than one camera. 

thanks for the response

Announcements