cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam utility not showing up in OBS

cesarcarranza
Apprentice
Hi everyone, I have a rebel t3i that I was using as a webcam in OBS with the beta version. But when I installed the out of beta version, it just didn’t show up in OBS, zoom, Skype. It only showed up in google meet camera menu but it didn’t work. Before installing it, I uninstalled the beta version. Is there any way to solve this? Or... does anyone has the beta installer please? I lost it. Thanks everyone for your help.
1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The issues you are describing might have another cause, unrelated to the version of the webcam utility you are using,  While OBS is not oficially supported, the others you mentioned (Zoom and Skype) are.  It sounds like an issue with your system environment, not the utility. 

Consider resolvng these issues first, before trying to get the camera to work with an unsupported application.  Since you are using the "official" release, I assume this is windows as MAC is still in beta.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements