cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcam Utility does not work with me Microsoft Teams for Apple silicon

rbazzle
Apprentice

The Microsoft teams download page still allows you to install an Intel version of Microsoft teams and it works with Canon Webcam Utility. However once the app updates and becomes Microsoft teams for Apple silicon, Webcam Utility no longer works. This is similar to the problem seeing with Zoom. The EOS Webcam does not show up as an option. However if you install an older Intel version it works just fine.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, rbazzle!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of macOS is running on your Mac. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I am currently running macOS Monterey v12.5  
But more importantly, I am on an M1 MacBook Pro. So the Apps that have issues with Webcam utility are the apps running on apple silicon and not Intel versions. In fact, older versions that I install work fine because they are Intel versions. Once they update (which they try to do automatically) then it stops working.

Greetings rbazzle,

Thank you for providing us with the operating system that is installed on your MacBook Pro. At this time, the EOS Webcam Utility has been designed to function on computers running with Intel processors. A version for Apple's M1 chip is not yet available. We recommend to occasionally check the software download page to see when updates do become available. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Announcements