cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T6i won't connect via Wi-Fi to Google Pixel 5

asdsixty9
Contributor

I'm using a Google Pixel 5 and recently updated to Android 12.  Now, my phone will no longer connect (and stay connected) to the camera WiFi  It seems that since the phone detects 'no internet' for the camera WiFi signal, it now automatically looks for a different WiFi signal to connect to.  This wan't a problem prior to Android 12.  This seems to be a phone/ connection issue, but i'm wondering if anyone knows how to correct this?  I haven't seen an obvious way to correct this through the phone settings yet.  I'm using a EOS Rebel T6i with the latest firmware. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Greetings,

I can confirm this is working on Pixel4 and Pixel6 Android 12.

Tested both Wifi and BT individually.  No issues with either device remaining connected.  The camera conected to my P4 as it did with 11.  I then cleared the previous profile settings on the camera.  The new phone connected immediately.  I tested settings, image transfer and live view (shooting).

Canon App version 2.8.10.20 (build 1246)

Android 12 v12(SD1A.201817.036)

Glad you got it working.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert
Hi there, If the issue is coming from the phone prioritizing other available networks with an internet connection there might be a way to manually prioritize the camera's Canon0A network through the WiFi settings. I'm sorry to say I'm not very knowledgeable on Android however Google support might be able to guide you through it.

Thanks for the suggestion, it seems that was an option before (or with some phones) but no longer an option without 3rd party software....as I understand it.  But, I tried again this morning and started over, reconfiguring the WiFi connection to the phone and it worked today.  (so as long as it's stays working, problem solved.)  Maybe my phone lost some info during the Android 12 update, and even though it said 'connected' it might have been struggling to authenticate or something?  Thanks!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Bluetooth. Try it.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@asdsixty9,

I'll try for you today.  I just moved from a P4 > P6 both running Android 12.  

Last I connected I was running Android 11 on my P4, both wifi and BT worked.    

Edit***  Confirmed working:

Using WiFi connect on Android 12 - Page 2 - Canon Community

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I started over and reconfigured the WiFi setting and it's working today. I think some of the connection settings were lost during Android 12 update and even though it said 'connected' , it must have been failing to authenticate. eventually switching to another WiFi signal. Thanks for the input!

I'm having the same problem.  Camera Connect worked fine on Andriod 11 but fails on Android 12.  It connects via wifi, but then disconnects a couple of seconds later.  GPS does work.

I tried clearing wireless communications settings, but that doesn't help.  What else did you do to get it to work?

Well, under 'Network & Internet' , I also turned off 'Adaptive Connectivity' ....this was before I reconfigured the Wifi in the camera menu, so I'm not sure if it has anything to do with a solution or not. What seemed to work was a reset to the WiFi (entering a new key for the Wifi into my phone.

Greetings,

I can confirm this is working on Pixel4 and Pixel6 Android 12.

Tested both Wifi and BT individually.  No issues with either device remaining connected.  The camera conected to my P4 as it did with 11.  I then cleared the previous profile settings on the camera.  The new phone connected immediately.  I tested settings, image transfer and live view (shooting).

Canon App version 2.8.10.20 (build 1246)

Android 12 v12(SD1A.201817.036)

Glad you got it working.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

I don't think that's an available option on the T6i. Luckily, I went through and reconfigured the WiFi connection settings and now it's working. Something must have been lost during the Android 12 update.
Announcements